Guidelines for Exhibit collection
General guidelines for sending sample(s)/Exhibit(s):
- Forwarding Letter to be signed by a Gazetted Officer not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- Letter of Authority to be signed by a Gazetted Officer not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- Letter of advice for conducting test (queries).
- Description of sample(s) on the parcel. Correct relation in respect of description, number and amount of exhibits with the seizure list should be maintained.
- Brief Case History.
- Duplicate copy of FIR/Post Mortem Report (wherever required).
- The sample should be packed properly and distinct specimen seal of the sender should be affixed on the parcel.
- The parcel (sample) should be sent to the Laboratory preferably by Special Messenger or by Registered Post.
- Proper preservation should be used (if and when required).
- Copy of inquest report (wherever required).
- Viscera dispatching form duly filled up for chemical examination (wherever required).
- Facsimile of the seal of the Police Station to be affixed in the test memo also, which should be legible.
- Weight of the sample to be mentioned clearly (wherever required).
- Details of seal, such as number, type, etc. should be mentioned.
- Do not use coin for sealing.